Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010

A note from Mommy:

Last week when Carrie from the State came to sign Peyton up for the waiver program, I asked her a question. About six weeks ago I had called asking where Peyton was on the list and Carrie indicated that new children with vents had pushed Peyton down the list. There were now three children ahead of Peyton and only two slots were scheduled to open up in the next few months. That meant Peyton would be at the top of the waiting list again but with no open slots on the horizon. So now I wondered, how did Peyton end up coming off the list? I wasn't quite prepared for the answer - a child had passed away providing the open slot. Of course I know that with the children who qualify for the program they have serious medical issues so death is always a possibility but it is something I never imagined benefitting from. After having nursing for several years and then going without any nursing for several months, I already knew I would appreciate it much more this time around. Now in the back of my mind, though, I will also be wondering about the child who died much too young and hope never to take for granted the nursing time we receive due to their untimely passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment