Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thursday, July 28th, 2010

At Grandma and Grandpa's house tonight for dinner I played with cousin Traiton and Uncle Jason. You can see I am helping out with the hammer on the lawn chair.

I have some exciting news. Today in the mail Mommy received the trach cap she had ordered last week. So when she got me in the car tonight to head over to Grandma's she put it on me and she held her breath. No need for her to worry, I wore the cap for the next five hours without any sign of distress. In fact, Mommy noticed that I was immeadiately a lot more vocal than normal and sang all the way over to Grandma's house. Mommy isn't getting too excited. She understands the logic of keeping the trach in through several more surgeries but the fact that I can tolerate the cap is a great sign for future decannulation!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment