Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday, July 31st, 2010





I had such a fun morning! It was the quarterly HopeKids birthday party and I got to participate. I have posted in the past about HopeKids but in case you don't remember, they are an organization that provides ongoing support and events for kids and their families with life-threatning illnesses. The birthday party was held at Classic Skating and we had several hours of playing in the jungle gym, bounce houses and skating/scooting on the rink. For not ever skating or scooting before I did a really good job. Unlike the movie theater event, Mommy and I got plenty of chances to see some of the other kids and their families and I was one of many kids with trachs and g tubes roaming around.
Towards the end of the party, they set up many tables end to end with plates with cake a candle for each child to blow out together after a group round of Happy Birthday. Yep, Mommy got all teary eyed at that - as the founder of the organization said - every birthday is a big deal for this group and made to be celebrated.
After all the candles were blown out each child got a special gift picked out specifically for them. I got a sweet baby doll that Elizabeth (the daughter of the founder) picked out for me. As you can see, I took to my new baby doll immeadiately.
We have only attended two events so far but we are already big fans of HopeKids. They are having an upcoming fundraiser to continue to be able to provide all this fun to me and so many other kids. Mommy, Daddy and I will be doing an Adventure Walk for HopeKids and would love if our friends and family would help sponsor us. If you would like to make a donation to Team Peyton - here is my FirstGiving page:
I'll make sure and keep you updated on meeting our donation goal!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Such great pics of your first Classic skate adventure! Looks like you had a great time at your early birthday party, and you're loving your new baby doll.

    What an amazing mission HopeKids has! You will have no trouble raising your money for your first 5K sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete