Friday, June 18, 2010

Wednesday, June 16th, 2010


Although it will only be in effect for a month, Mommy still needed to meet with the local school district to sign an IFSP - Individualized Family Service Plan. I have had IFSP's for every six months since I came home from the hospital but as of next month, I am offically transitioning out of Early Intervention and into the preschool system and I will get an IEP - Individualized Educational Plan. At today's meeting Mommy went over some of her concerns for my preschool experience so it should give a good starting point for writing the IEP in a few weeks. One good thing that came out of it, from now until I start preschool, Melody from the Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind will come out once a week for an hour to work with me on my listening skills and oral communication. It should give her (and my family) a pretty good idea of how I will do when it comes time to start the spoken language preschool at the end of August when I turn three.
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment